Every year NGO CSW/NY presents the Women of Distinction Award to a woman in recognition of her leadership in the struggle for gender equality, human rights, and women’s empowerment. The awardee gives the Keynote Address at the Consultation Day, the launch of the CSW63 Forum. Flight and accommodation is included with this award.
The honoree should be:
- A leader of distinction in her field of expertise concerning women and girls and a role model;
- An advocate for positive social change to close the leadership gap, implement the SDGs, particularly SDG5, to create a more equitable society;
- An effective communicator who can address “Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls,” the priority theme of CSW 63;
- An activist who will benefit from participation in the NGO CSW Forum, including Consultation Day (she must be available to speak at Consultation Day);
- A leader who can make a difference when she returns home;
- Must be available to travel to the United Nations, New York from 9 -12 March, 2019.
Please email names of nominees with supporting documents (letter of nomination, curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November, 2018. Applications are considered complete when the letter of nomination and curriculum vitae are submitted. The names and bios of previous Women of Distinction Awardees are on the NGO CSW/NY website.