We are gearing up for the 60th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW60) in 2016!
CSW60 will be held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 14-24 March 2016. For years, thousands of representatives from NGOs and women’s organizations worldwide, as well as interested individuals, have come together with governments to collaborate on women’s issues. The result of this UN session helps advance global human rights for women.
Every year, the NGO Committee on the Status of Women in New York (NGO CSW/NY) organizes an NGO Forum that takes place during the CSW. The NGO Forum handbook is created by the NGO CSW/NY, and is distributed to participants of the conference. This very important and useful handbook provides fundamental information on all the hundreds of events happening at CSW and also serves as an important resource.
This year, we are calling designers around the world to submit ideas for the cover of our handbook. The winner of the contest will have her or his design with credits featured on the handbook. This is a great chance to build your portfolio, reach an international crowd, and above all, contribute to a great cause.
The theme for CSW60 is: “Women’s empowerment and its link to sustainable development.”
In your design cover, please incorporate your thoughts on what the theme means to you. For more information see:
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday, 15 December 2015
Please read the submission guidelines:
Preferred – Adobe Illustrator: version CC or lower (not lower than CS3)
One-color & Multi-color artwork
- file must be saved as: .AI/.EPS/.PDF Resolution: N/A (vector art is resolution independent)
- Convert fonts to Outlines, or email font files along with the Illustrator file(s).
- File must be saved as: .PSD/.TIF
- JPEG files are accepted in some cases, but are not preferred.
- Resolution: 150dpi-300dpi, @ final print size (TBD)
- Color Mode: It is best to create 1-color artwork as 100% Black, on a White or Transparent background, in Greyscale Mode.
- Email file fonts for all fonts used.
- Microsoft Word (and other text-editing programs) and PowerPoint are not accepted.