It will take the active participation of all of us to build an inclusive and effective Beijing+25. We hope this web page will provide NGOs with the latest information. To do this, we need to hear from you. Please send updates to: email@example.com
NGO CSW/NY is working hard to make sure that NGOs will be ready for Beijing + 25. NGOs need an independent, collective voice to critically examine progress, look at challenges, and make recommendations on how their countries have implemented the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA). A team of experts have compiled the NGO Guidance for Parallel Reports to assess the progress or lack thereof in the implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action in their countries. The purpose of these NGO guidelines is to give NGOs a common template to prepare country reports, but everyone should feel free to change it to their own contexts.
Beijing+25 NGO Regional Activities
- Is Lebanon Ready for Beijing Plus 25? A Critical Process and a Need for Strong Feminist Voices by Lina Abou Habib
- Feminist Framework of the Asia Pacific NGO Caucus on Beijing+25
- Feminist Gist: Asia Pacific NGO Caucus on Beijing+25
UN Women: A Roadmap of BPFA
- Generation Equality document
- National Level Reviews: As of 13 May, 26 countries have posted reports.
Online Books: Another Way to Participate in Beijing + 25
NGOs can also partner with projects such as the Online Books: “My Memories and Messages for the Next Generation” (Book I) will be written by participants of the UN FWCW in Beijing. Young women in the arts will express their issues, dreams and hopes through their own stories and media in Book II, “My Issues, Hopes and Dreams.” For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Dates for the Beijing +25 regional intergovernmental meetings:
REGIONAL REVIEW PROCESS: INTERGOVERNMENTAL MEETINGS
NGOs can participate in these meetings which will feed into the regional synthesis report that will be submitted to UN Women.
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) November 2019 in Addis Ababa
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)29-30 Oct 2019 in Geneva
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) 4-8 November 2019 in Santiago
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) November 2019 in Bangkok
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) February 2020 in Beiruit
REGIONAL REVIEW PROCESS: MULTI STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATIONS
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) TBD November 2019 in Addis Ababa
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE) 28 October 2019 in Santiago
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) TBD November 2019 in Santiago
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) 23-24 November 2019 in Bangkok
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) TBD February 2020 in Beiruit
- Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, Beijing+5 Political Declaration and Outcome
- Fourth World Conference on Women (1995, Beijing)
- A list of BPfA National Reviews submitted from 2000 to present, organized by Member State and review year.
- Beijing+5 (2000)
- Beijing+10 (2005)
- Beijing+15 (2010)
- Beijing+20 (2015)
- Beijing+25 (2020)