NGO CSW Forum Conversation Circles
at CSW 56
Download the information for NGO CSW Forum Conversation Circles.
DRAFT GUIDELINES AND AGENDA
- Events are open to all participants attending the NGO CSW Forum
- The purpose is networking, building trust and sharing ideas for the future.
- Participants should select ONE topic only as space is limited. They can attend only one topic session.
- Output should include a) a listserv managed by facilitators, b) plans to work together during the year, c) suggestions for future collaboration.
Participants sit at tables and fill out small cards with their names and contact emails and organizations names.
30 minutes opening/introduction
- Facilitators introduce themselves and invite participants to stand up and introduce themselves and identify their organization.
- Facilitators review the purpose of the Conversation Circles, the schedule (make sure everyone knows about the second session), and importance of a listserv as one output from the process . This is followed by a Q and A .
- Facilitators ask participants to fill out contact cards and collect them in baskets. Facilitators give their contact information
30 minutes Small Group – Open discussion and exchange of information.
Open discussion at each table. One person volunteers to facilitate. The guideline is to begin each sentence with “I” e.g. “I come from Nepal. I am here because I want to advocate for girls’ rights. I want to learn more about the UN. I need help”. Organizations are encouraged to share information about their parallel events, exchange contact information.
30 minutes – Musical tables
Everyone stands up and moves to another table. Open discussion and exchange of information with another small group.
Facilitators make sure everyone’s contact information is collected. Clean up room and remind them that there is a limit of one session per person to make room for everyone at NGO CSW Forum.
MONDAY, 27 FEBRUARY 2012
- 12:30 – 2:00p: Human Rights (CCUN* 2nd Floor)
- 2:30 – 4:00p: Peace & Security/Violence Against Women (CCUN 2nd floor)
- 2:30 – 4:00p: Health (CCUN Boss Room, 8th Floor)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Ageing (CCUN 2nd floor, shared space)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Migration (CCUN 2nd floor, shared space)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Communications, Social Media and Arts (CCUN 2nd floor, shared space)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Family (CCUN 2nd floor, shared space)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Trafficking in women and girls (CCUN Hardin room, 11th floor)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Intergenerational Dialogue (CCUN Boss room, 8th floor)
- 6:15 – 7:45p: Sustainable Development & Climate Change (CCUN 2nd Floor)
MONDAY, 5 MARCH 2012
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Rio Plus 20, Sustainable Development & Climate Change (NLB UN room A or B**)
TUESDAY, 6 MARCH 2012
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Human Rights (CCUN Boss Room, 8th Floor)
- 4:30 – 6:00p: Health (CCUN Hardin Room, 11th Floor)
- 3:00 – 4:30p: Intergenerational Dialogue (NLB, UN Room B)
- 4:45 – 6:00p: Peace & Security/Violence Against Women (NLB, UN Room B)
*CCUN = The Church Center, 777 UN Plaza (corner of 44th and First Ave), New York, NY
**UN NLB room = secondary passes must be obtained at the Event organizers/NGO CSW Forum desk in the lobby of the UN main building