Frequently Asked Questions for CSW
Download the new NGO CSW Forum FAQs.
- What are the dates of the 56th UN Commission on the Status of Women Session (CSW 56)? 27 February to 9 March 2012. Please view the UN CSW website for details.
- How do I submit a written statement to CSW? Details regarding written statements may be found through UN CSW website.
- Do I need a pass to attend events taking place at the UN? Please refer to the UN CSW website; this information changes yearly.
UN CSW Registration
- Where do I go to get my UN pass? UN Women issues NGO Advisories with information on registration. Please view their website on NGO participation for registration information. NGO/CSW/NY does not have the authority to register organizations.
- Where can I get the invitation letter for the session? NGO/CSW/NY does not issue invitation letters for the UN CSW sessions. Please see the UN Women website.
- Do I need to register to attend UN parallel events? Yes. Please view their website on NGO participation for additional information.
- Do I need to register to attend NGO CSW Forum parallel events? No. But if you wish participate, please register for NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day and pay a fee of $80 per person.
NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events
- How can I organize an NGO CSW Forum Parallel Event? Registration has closed.
- What is the Church Center address? 777 UN Plaza (at the corner of 44th Street and 1st Ave) use google map
- What is the address of the NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events Salvation Army Venue? 221 East 52nd Street (between 2nd and 3rd Ave). Note that NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day will take place at a different Salvation Army location (120 West 14th Street). use google map
- Where are the UN Room events located? 46th and First Avenue, New York, NY 10017, Visitor’s Entrance. Use google map.
- What equipment is available in each room in the Church Center and Salvation Army? Each room is furnished with chairs, one table, one podium, one microphone and one projector screen. Projectors are available for a US$150 fee + US$400 refundable deposit.
- Where can I find the most up-to-date schedule each day? Please check the NGO/CSW/NY website for each day’s updated schedule, beginning 20 February 2012.
- Do I have to pay to attend NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events? No, NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events are free and open to the public.
- Are we allowed to serve food and drink during our NGO CSW Forum Parallel Event? Food is not allowed, except in pre-approved rooms. A $200 fee will be charged and you are responsible for bringing your own food and drink. Please note that food and drink are never allowed in the CCUN Chapel.
- What are the time slots for NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events?Each event is allocated one hour and 30 minutes, beginning at the following times: 8:30-10am, 10:30am-12pm, 12:30-2pm, 2:30-4pm, 4:30-6pm, and 6:15-7:45pm.
- What is the maximum capacity of each room?
- a. Church Center: Drew Room = 45; 2nd Floor = 150 seated; 8th Floor = 70; 10th Floor = 70; 11th Floor = 70; Chapel = 160.
- Salvation Army: Auditorium = 250; Basement = 100.
- Is Wi-Fi available in the rooms? No, except for the 2nd Floor of the Church Center.
- My parallel event was assigned to a room at the UN. How can I access that room?
- Note: If your event is scheduled in one of the UN rooms, you must follow a special procedure:
- go to the NGO CSW Forum desk in the lobby of the UN 15 minutes prior to your event
- get a secondary pass and wait to be escorted
- return the pass at the end of the session to the NGO CSW Forum representative.
- Do you provide projectors and if so, what is the process? Yes, projectors can be rented for a fee of US$150 and a UD$400 refundable deposit. You will need to bring your own adapter with a VGA connection.
- When can I rent my projector? Beginning 13 February 2012. There will be no projectors available to rent on-site.
- Can I bring my own projector? Yes, we encourage event organizers to bring their own projectors and adapters with VGA connections.
- Do you provide laptops for use with projectors? No, you will need to bring your own laptop and adapter with VGA connection.
- Are projectors Mac compatible? Yes, but you must provide the appropriate adaptors with VGA connection.
- Will a technician be available to help me set up? No.
NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day
- Where can I register for NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day? Registration is available on the NGO/CSW/NY website (add link to registration form).
- Where will NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day be held? NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day will be held at the Salvation Army Centennial Memorial Temple, 120 West 14th St. (between 6th and 7th Ave.). add google map
- Can I register on site when I arrive? No.
- What is the registration fee for NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day? Does the fee include lunch? US$80 for adults, US$40 for youth ages 13-17. The fee includes lunch.
- What is the program for NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day? A program will be posted on the website.
NGO CSW Forum Reception
- When and where will the NGO CSW Forum Reception be held? The reception will be held on Tuesday, 28 February (6-8 pm) at the Consulate General of Turkey, 821 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY, 10017. Google map
- What is the fee for the NGO CSW Forum Reception? US $40 per person (youth and adults).
- Where can I register for the NGO CSW Forum Reception? Registration is available on the NGO/CSW/NY website.
NGO CSW Forum Artisan Fair
- When and where is the NGO CSW Forum Artisan Fair? The NGO CSW Forum Artisan Fair will be on Friday, 2 March 2012 (3-7pm) on the 2nd Floor of the Church Center.
- How do I sign up to sell my crafts? Registration for the fair is available on the NGO/CSW/NY website. The registration deadline was 9 January 2012.
- Is there a fee? No. Registration is free, however space is limited and is allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- I am an artisan. When should I bring my goods to the Church Center? Do not bring your goods before 2 March 2012. You will be allowed time starting at 2pm to set up on the 2nd floor of the Church Center. The space is open to the public at 3pm.
NGO CSW Forum Handbook
- When and where will the NGO CSW Forum Handbook be available? NGO CSW Forum Handbooks will be distributed during NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day on 26 February 2012. A version will also be available online for you to download and print.
- Do I need to pay to receive the NGO CSW Forum Handbook? No, NGO CSW Forum Handbooks are free. Only one copy per person, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- How can I post an ad in the NGO CSW Forum Handbook? The NGO CSW Forum Handbook ad application is closed.
NGO CSW Forum Conversation Circles
- What is a “Conversation Circle”? Participants interested in similar themes will be able to share stories about themselves, their organizations, and issues. Opportunities will be provided to network, plan collective strategies to implement UN agreements and dialogue with governments.
- Why should I join one? You will have a chance to meet other participants who care about the same issues, exchange ideas and contact information. In some Conversation Circles, you will also be able to discuss your issues with government representatives.
- When and where will they take place? The schedule is posted to the NGO/CSW/NY website. (link to it)
Payments and Refunds
- Can we pay in cash upon arrival due to foreign bank issues? No. Approval is required for Money Orders and checks.
- Do you give refunds for NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day or the NGO CSW Forum Reception? No. Unfortunately, we cannot refund fees.
- Do you give refunds for my NGO Parallel Event, projector rentals or NGO CSW Forum Handbook ads? No. Unfortunately, we cannot refund fees.