Online Registration & Application for PARALLEL EVENTS for the 61st session will open on 7 NOVEMBER 2016 and the deadline for submitting applications is 9 DECEMBER 2016
All NGO CSW61 Forum events require on-line registration; check the NGO CSW/NY website (WWW.NGOCSW.ORG) frequently for updates. Any questions or if you are interested in getting involved with planning the forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parallel Event on-line registration will open 7 November 2016 and the last day to apply for a parallel event will be 9 December 2016 (11:59 pm EST).
The cost to host a parallel event for NGO CSW61 Forum will be US$ 210.00; this does not include a projector. If your application is accepted, you will receive a separate link to register for projectors.
- Only one (1) parallel event per NGO will be approved; please coordinate and/or collaborate within your NGO if you have separate regions/divisions/federations, as you will be competing against yourself for a slot.
- NGOs do not need ECOSOC accreditation to apply; however, no commercial vendors will be accepted.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- This year, parallel events can only have one (1) organizing/sponsoring NGO. We encourage collaboration; however, no co-sponsors will be listed in the handbook.
- If you decide to have co-sponsors, it will be the responsibility of the organizing NGO to publicize that they have co-sponsors. (We recommend that you buy an online or handbook ad!)
- No specific day/date or location will be solicited or guaranteed.
- You will only be offered the choice of First week, Second week or Either week.
- When answering the question of how many participants will attend, be realistic.
- Please note, there is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate all requests; being flexible is your best chance of being selected for a parallel event.
- The organizing NGO will be responsible for any damage or violation of the agreed terms (e.g.: penalties could include monetary expense for broken/damaged equipment/furniture or a one (1) year suspension from hosting a parallel event).
- The NGO CSW Forum is meant to further collaborative networks, idea sharing, and activism for gender equality and human rights. The Forum is a space that is open to diversity of opinion, thought, and position. Forum presenters are expected to deliver presentations in a manner that is considerate of all audience members. All presenters and participants should treat each other with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. NGO CSW/NY reserves the right to reject or ban (for minimum of one (1) year) any groups that violate this policy.
If NGO CSW/NY is able to schedule your event, you will receive notification of your assigned date, time and location on 9 January 2017 and a link for the rental of a projector.
Send the acceptance or rejection of your assigned event slot to NGO CSW/NY by 16 January 2017. If we do not receive your response, your space will be assigned to another NGO.
If NGO CSW/NY is unable to schedule a time slot for your event, you will receive a full refund.
Please note: If Organizer rejects the slot offered or Organizer cancels the event, there will be no refund.
Thank you for complying with these directions. We look forward to reading your applications and learning about the work you are doing to raise the status of women!